Lens Care & Use
We want to help you take the proper care of your new Seek Optics lenses.
When you are not wearing your sunglasses be sure to store them in their case or microfiber soft pouch. Seek Optics lenses are scratch-resistant, but by taking a few precautions you can preserve the lenses so they last a very long time. Seek Optics, Inc does not warrant against normal wear and tear, including lens scratching.
It can be difficult to keep your lenses looking new when you are using them on a daily basis. Many external factors can effect the quality of the lenses so please follow some small tips to help prolong the lifespan of your new Seek Optics lenses.
Tips for Cleaning:
When you buy from us, you'll get a free ultrasoft Seek Optics microfiber lens case to keep your sunglass lenses clean and ready for action. To quickly and easily clean your lenses, start by blowing any loose particles off the lenses. Then, use the bag supplied or a clean cotton towel to wipe them down. It's recommended to use a cleaning spray specifically designed for eyeglasses, or a very light liquid soap and warm water, for more tenacious stains.
Tips for Storage
Sunglasses and lenses are best kept in a microfibre bag or case while they are not being worn. Seek Optics sells microfiber sunglass cases in case you misplaced your original or simply want a replacement. When not in use, keep your Seek Optics Replacement Lenses in the little bag they arrived in.
- Never use paper products or clothing to clean lenses to avoid your replacement lenses getting tiny scratches
- Do not clean your lenses with saltwater, alcohol or chlorine. These chemicals are highly abrasive. Please remember to rinse your sunglass lenses with fresh water if your lenses come in contact with any of these substances.
- Store sunglasses in their protective case when not in use.
- Do not place sunglass lenses face down on any surface.
- Never put your sunglasses loose in a pocket or purse where objects like keys or loose coins may damage lenses.
- Do not leave your sunglasses in a car in extreme hot or cold temperatures.
Please try and not wear sunglasses over your head:
Many people have the habit of putting their sunglasses over their head when they are not using them. This habit can, unfortunately, damage your protective lenses, especially if the lenses have AR coating. The natural oils in your hair can affect and dirty the lenses, forcing you to constantly clean them and causing extra use of the lens coatings.
You should always protect your expensive sunglasses from small children and never lay them down with the lenses face down on the surface. Proper care and our tips will help you take better care of the lenses and extend the life of your new purchase.